Commercial Real Estate Career Opportunities
Commercial Real Estate Analyst/Associate
Commercial real estate advisory and due diligence company is seeking an analyst-associate (based in Fairfield County, CT).
- Support commercial and residential real estate underwriting for debt-equity transactions.
- Assist staff with compilation of credit reporting and risk management documentation.
- Drive high-quality work products within expected time frames and on budget.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex real estate concepts.
- Clearly support others by providing honest, open, two-way communication.
- Bachelor’s degree, finance, commercial real estate and/or real estate valuation preferred.
- Ability to perform tasks in support of commercial property valuation and loan underwriting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Experience with Argus a plus.
- Advanced financial skills and knowledge to review financial reports and to make recommendations to other team members.
- Ability to think strategically and to synthesize business and financial data.
- Creative problem-solving ability and a collaborative, consultancy mindset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability at handling multiple priorities and initiatives.
- Demonstrated integrity values, principles, and work ethic.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Jack.Mullen@summerstreetre.com
Summer Street Advisors, LLC seeks two (2) interns: one (1) for a generalist position to assist in all facets of the firm’s activities, and one (1) for an analytics position with strong Excel based financial modeling skills.
Both positions require candidates to be available for 10 hours, 3 days a week. These are unpaid internship positions, yet, college credit may be available depending on the requirements of your respective college or university.
- Assist in new business initiatives in the REIT industry
- Support underwriting teams with commercial real estate and loan valuations
- Develop financial models
- Perform commercial real estate market research
- Develop transaction database of distressed banks and portfolio sales
- Highly proficient with Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience with financial modeling
- Working towards an undergraduate degree or related work experience in commercial real estate, finance or economics a plus
- Support partners with design, development, modification and maintenance of proprietary commercial real estate finance models
- Support underwriting teams with database management
- Assist partners with loan valuation and underwriting due diligence
- Highly proficient with Excel
- Experience with Visual Basic and the ability to write complex macros
- Experience working with highly complex financial models
Send resume and cover letter to Jack.Mullen@summerstreetre.com