Commercial Real Estate Advisory - Contact Us
15 Ketchum Street, Westport, CT 06880
Summer Street Advisors is a commercial real estate consulting firm located in Westport, CT. Our clients include Banks, Private Equity Funds, Hedge Funds, Asset Managers, Developers and Family Offices that provide debt and/or invest across the United States in all commercial real estate asset classes. The analyst will work in a variety of different capacities including providing assistance in underwriting, asset management, site inspections and support functions with the object to provide high quality work product in a timely manner.
Major Job Priorities/Responsibilities
- Assist with the underwriting/valuation and analysis of new loan and equity investment opportunities for our clients.
- Assist in managing transaction workflow process within tight timeframes, involving several internal and external groups.
- Importing deal information and organizing documents into Summer Street file structure.
- Run reports on macro market, micro market, rent comparables and sales comparables (i.e. REIS, CoStar, etc.).
- Spread historical operating statements, sponsors budgets, appraisal cash flows and rent rolls into financial models.
- Assist in the completion of investment memo’s and ASR’s for client credit/investment committees.
- Reviewing of third-party reports and incorporating into deliverable. Including: appraisal, environmental, property condition, zoning (PZR), seismic, flood, insurance, and credit reports, to confirm risks have been properly identified and addressed.
- Analyze the asset/s and the ability of the sponsor to execute on their business plan.
- Macro and micro market write up and analysis.
- Research and summarize tenant/sponsor credit worthiness.
- Abstract leases.
- Write site inspection reports (please note you will not be traveling until Covid-19 travel restrictions have been lifted).
- Assist in the ordering appraisals process for our bank and fund clients.
- Collect data and prepare ad hoc special reports for senior management as requested.
- Perform data input and reporting, as well as work on special projects as needed.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Committed to delivering the highest quality work product; strong attention to detail while working within a team and under tight deadlines.
- Ideally, 1+ years of underwriting or credit analysis or recent graduate with internship experience.
- Previous commercial real estate experience a plus.
- Ability to think critically, in addition to strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong capabilities in Excel, PowerPoint and Google Suite.
- Strong analytical and financial skills.
- Argus experience is a plus
Please note you must be authorized to work in the United States of America and Summer Street Advisors will not sponsor work authorization for this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The following responsibilities are expected of the Asset Manager:
- General borrower correspondence:
- Maintain regular dialogue with decision makers and stakeholders of each borrower
- Obtain leasing, construction, and other business plan progress updates
- Loan management and oversight:
- Review and monitor all aspects of loan and property performance, including covenant requirements, to facilitate proactive risk mitigation strategies
- Provide regular internal feedback and recommendations
- Maintain organized loan files, including loan documentation, internal projection/underwriting models, borrower reporting and third-party reports
- Review, coordinate and administer all draw and lender-approval requests from the borrower
- For draw requests:
- Verify completeness of request, ensure title date-downs are completed, oversee construction consultant review, address any issues or discrepancies with borrower and coordinate funding approval with Post Road back office and third party servicer
- For construction loans:
- Perform regular analysis of development budget forecasting and project asset allocations as projects near completion
- Develop reporting to manage both time and monetary budgets for the portfolio
- Portfolio management:
- Assist management with monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting.
- Assist with presentation of results at monthly oversight meetings with senior management to discuss on loan performance, property valuations and borrower business plan progress (including comparisons versus original underwriting)
- Work with team members to build and maintain dynamic underwriting models for each loan and overall portfolio
- Develop and evaluate sensitivities based on capital flows and other assumptions impacting the underwriting to inform loan and portfolio management decisions.
- Investment analysis:
- Assist with the evaluation and underwriting of new investments on an as needed basis, including asset-level and market-level due diligence.
The individual should possess the following characteristics and qualifications:
- Five to seven years of prior experience in the commercial real estate industry (debt/lending experience and experience asset managing portfolios of transitional CRE loans preferred)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage borrower relationships
- Financial modeling and underwriting proficiency
- Impeccable writing skills, attention to detail, organization, and the ability to multi-task
- Able to manage significant responsibility without regular oversight
- Entrepreneurial, driven, and a self-starter with high integrity
- Exceptional time management and prioritization capabilities
- Ability to quickly synthesize large quantities of information
- The ability to articulate views, opinions, recommendations, and thoughts in a timely, clear, and concise manner
Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Argus
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $40.00 – $50.00 per hour
Email resume to email@example.com